What is ANZAC?
1. Did you know the first official dawn ceremony was held in 1927 at the Sydney Cenotaph?
2. Also Gallipoli is not a town but a region. It is very near the famous ancient city of Troy?
3. were you aware that ANZAC also included British, Irish, Zion, Ceylon and Pacific Island officers?
4. Did you know Alec Campbell was the last surviving member of Anzac. He passed away on May 16, 2002?
5. Red poppies made of light cloth or paper, they are traditionally worn on and around Anzac Day as a mark of respect to those who died while serving their country. Flanders poppies bloomed over the graves of soldiers in France and Belgium.